Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday

I think the last pencil drawing I did (of the buffalo) was not very good. I have been looking at it across the room, and am just tired of trying to figure out how to improve it. Some drawings just don't work.

Here is the next drawing subject for me. I went out to photograph the old barn and buildings on Hittle's place years ago, and found this little guy laying down in the corral by the barn. Hittles were branding a ways up the road. Either they missed this calf, or decided he was too young and would catch him later. I hope he inspires me to do a good drawing. I have started it, but am not very far along yet.



Click on image for a larger view

******************************************

My brother and sister-in-law called me last night from Bullhead City. They planned to be in Quartzite today. They both enjoy getting out of the Wyoming wind and cold, and seeing the sights. Alice finds many art shows to attend, and also place to buy supplies for her work.

I told them to watch for a big white truck and fifth wheeler from County 23 Wyoming, Hank and Deb. But with the thousands of people gathered there, I doubt if you will connect with each other.

No comments: