Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday

Oh, the life of a cat!

Kat is becoming more mellow every day, at least at times. She still suddenly attacks anything near her, including me or Kasey, but is spending more time being relaxed and friendly. Barrie held her in her lap and petted her this afternoon, and actually got her front toenails trimmed without her even fussing.

Click on images for a larger view


Here is one sock I made for Kasey - the other is about half way done. She seems to like it and I think it fits, so we will see how it goes to wear a pair all day. This yarn would stripe better on an adult sized sock. Also, the colors are not the most attractive. I have used other self striping sock yarn with beautiful shades of blues, tans, etc. but this yarn is far from beautiful.


***********************************************

The planned power outage this afternoon was actually kind of pleasant, not too cold, and quiet and peaceful. I got some reading done. And the power was back on before they said it would be. I'm sure glad we didn't have the problem they had in Utah where the two hour outage lasted 2 days for some of them!

If you haven't checked out Cristy's blog lately, you should. You'll find a link to it in my sidebar. She has been doing a very challenging "portrait a day" activity. She also is showcasing some of her students' recent work. Look at her "Rainbow of Chaos" link in the sidebar of her page.

Dee C joined our painting group at Rendezvous Pointe today. Fun to have her! Dee and I taught together for years. She had started a watercolor class earlier this year, and seemed frustrated by it. I think she will enjoy the fact that we sometimes laugh a lot, visit more than we paint, and that everyonein our group is so helpful. There are some very talented artists in our little group, and everyone is so supportive of the others. I have learned so much from each and every one of them!

3 comments:

Cristy said...

Yay! Thanks for the sock pic! Looks stripey enough to me!
Glad you like "rainbow" - It's gonna kill me to find time to keep it up, but I think it will be a neat body of work eventually. I got a new sock started too - "Manos Del Uruguay" yarn I found at Knit on Pearl. YUM. Oh yum. You got to look at it next time you're in Jackson.
Cristy

Anonymous said...

The sock is great. What fun. Glad Kasey likes it. JAM

MOM/Gina said...

I love your sox...:) Also the Kat! Our cats are something! Back to the socks, I don't think it matters if they don't match. I love to knit wild colored socks and gloves that aren't the same. They have character.