Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Propane Heat

For the last several days, I have been getting a slight smell of propane. This is an indication that the tank is low. Yesterday morning, I called them and asked to have my tank filled. The woman said she would have the driver fill it. By about 5:00, no one had been here, so I called again. The woman thought my tank was at 15%, that the truck had run out of propane, and that my tank would be filled in the morning. I told her I had no idea what the meter read, because I can't get to the tank through the snow to read the meter. Well, I suppose I could if I had to, but I don't think I should have to. She was so nice, and the truck did arrive before dark and filled my tank.

I will include a note of thanks and appreciation when I send a check. I have run out of propane once every winter for the last several years, and it stresses me out to even think about it, especially when the weather has been 20 or so degrees below zero.

OK, Warm for a while!!

Enjoyed our art group so much this morning! Pam is back from Hawaiil, at least for a while. And it was good to visit with Vicky, Terry, Conley and Barbara again.

I have started a pair of socks for Kasey (again). I knit one sock that was too small. The next one I started ended up on the living room floor with the cat having the yarn, and Kasey had the knitting needles. I don't even know if Kasey will be able to wear hand knit socks. I didn't knit socks when my girls were little, so have no comparison.

No comments: