Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday

I am just now getting aound to getting on the computer to check email and to read blogs.

Barrie and Kasey arrived this morning just as I got up (late, as usual). I tried reading another book and discovered I had read it before. So I went to bed fairly early. I was awake at 2:00. I got up and took some Tylanol PM, just in time for the cat to feel frisky and start to play with her bell balls. I did go sound asleep after a bit, and didn't get up until 10:30!

Barrie decided to just hang out instead of going out to run dogs. I cleaned up the kitchen, and made a pot of potato soup. Kasey took a good nap in the back bedroom away from the cat. I just got a new electric heater for back there. I think it is probably more energy efficient and safer than the old one that was put in the wall years ago. I remember Lynn saying some friends loaned her some when their furnace didn't work, and I decided to try one. My back bedrooms were built on a slab of concrete, and there is no way to vent the furnace back there. I usually just keep a heavy curtain across the opening in the winter.

I finally have all the ornaments boxed up for the basement. I repaired the skis on the little wooden penguins, and found the last of the little balls behind the couch. In the meantime, the cat had knocked the box of balls off the table and broke four of them.

Really searched hard for missing things today. Started out with Kasey's juice cup missing, and we found it after Barrie had brought in the new one she just bought. Then I found the missing ornament, then found the little wooden hammer for the pounding bench, then one stacking ring and the ball that goes on the top. We are still missing two stacking rings.

**************************
I picked out a couple of things from my old sketchbooks to scan today. The first is one of the earliest drawings I rememeber doing. I sat and make sketches of my Mom, Dad, and their dog, Louie. Barrie and I got a laugh out of these.
Click on images for a larger view
***************************
I took Tracy's senior pictures, and this drawing is from one of them. I think this is probably the best portrait I ever did of her.

No comments: