Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday - Kasey overnight

Barrie went up the Green to help put in the trail for the sled dog race, which is today and tomorrow. As she was going about 6:00, we decide it would be good practice for her to be away from Kasey all night and have her stay here. Kasey was fine, but I am surprised Barrie didn't sneak in the house about 3:00 this morning to check on her! Maybe she did!

Click on image for a larger view
This is the tea set that Braxton gave Kasey for Christmas. She had so many new things to play with that I didn't get it out until today. She doesn't know about tea parties yet - not much opportunity in Pinedale, Wyoming. She did enjoy stacking them, and putting the lids on and off. She also chewed on the spoons, and I may end up putting them away for a while.

She ate a huge breakfast - her egg and half of mine, her ham and half of mine, her piece of toast and half of mine. She drank a cup of milk, and then started on some grape juice.

After playing a while, she began to do irritating things, like taking down the glass frames with photos of ancestors from the shelf of the hutch. Then she threw some of her tea set on the floor and wouldn't pick them up. When she finally picked one up, I asked her to put it on the table, she looked at me and threw it. After I "helped" her put on the table, I decided Grandma was tired, so Kasey needed a nap.

*********************************
This brings to mind a story from when I taught first grade. I had a little boy who had seizures (we eventually found out), one after another. They were peti mall seizueres, so not always real obvious. His behavior was pretty much out of control. His classmates learned to casually step out in front of him to block him so I could get to him without a chase.

I'm not sure what the gym teacher did with him - seems he spread out mats on the stage and just put him up there to roll around.

But he was a special problem for the music teacher. She used to put him on a tall stool, give him a baton, and let him pretend to "lead". I told her if nothing worked, to send him back to me, and I would have him lay down in the nurse's office for a while. One time he asked me why he had to lay down, and I said "because Mrs. Scissons is tired". He accepted that.

One day he had a "grand mall" seizure in the classroom, and went for more doctor appointments, They found he had a large, fast growing brain tumer.

To make the story shorter, the tumer was successfully removed, and he lived a healthy, normal life after that. The only problem was when he sang in the high school choir, and his old first grade teacher sat there watching this tall handsome boy sing, she bawled her eyes out!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the tea set! Did you play tea with her?

Faridah Zayla said...

anak yang lucu..., dont forget to VISIT MY BLOG

Anonymous said...

Was the boy Scott?
That is an amazing story.
Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks

Anonymous said...

Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!