Monday, January 26, 2009

New Snow

I woke up this morning to a beautiful new snowfall. We must have four or five inches of new snow. Everything looks so pretty. When we don't get wind, the snow piles up on top of fence posts, tree branches, and bushes.

Click on images for a larger view



********************************************

A couple of drawings from old sketchbooks.


I have been enjoying Cristy's portraits so much!


I had forgotten all about these portraits I did of first graders years ago. I'm not sure why these two are still in my old sketchbook, as I sent them all home with kids. I would choose one student a week, have them "sit" for a portrait while their classmates draw them. Then each student would write something about the model, and we put everything up on a bulletin board. I know I drew quick sketches of the student, but have no idea what became of them. I probably threw them away. These drawings were done from photographs I took. I wish I had not thrown away the sketches.


*************************************


The new heater I bought for the downstairs bedroom worked very well. It has lots of settings, as well as a timer. It is nice to be able to put Kasey in there for a nap - where she's not distracted by things, including a cat who wants to play with her.


No comments: