Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday

Click on images for larger view

If you are familiar with the book by Betty Edwards "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain", you will recognize this drawing by Picasso, which is one of the exercises in the book. I found this in one of my old sketchbooks. I drew the figure upside down, and it still amazes me how problems in drawing are so much easier to spot when you view it upside down. Drawing things upside down is a wonderful exercise, and I need to do it often. You can literally feel the "change" in your brain.


This is a drawing of a poinsetta I found in one of my old sketch books. It was fun to do.
*****************************************



****************************************
A beautiful sunny day today. There is a slight breeze, but nothing like the horrible winds we have had the last couple of days.

I am still working on the "negative drawing" of the grass in the calf drawing. I should have just drawn the grass and ground like I usually do. Oh well - it's not like I'm pressed for time!

No comments: