Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday

Click on photos for a larger view.
No doubt about it, that is a "plumber's butt".

Kasey has gotten tall enough that she can climb up on my couch by herself now.


Her Mom (and her day care provider) don't allow standing up on furniture or climbing all over. So Kasey "sits" when she gets up there. She doesn't stay long - sitting still is not her favorite activity.

******************************

Kasey was here most of the day yesterday while her Mom went out and ran dogs. She wouldn't take her nap until about 3:30 - my fault. I thought after it settled down around here after the holidays, that we could put the crib back in the living room so I wouldn't have to run the electric heater to warm up the bedroom. Didn't work. The cat kept playing with her, she could see me in the kitchen, and she just stayed awake.

I fixed a big pot of chicken, noodles, cheese and vegetables. Barrie and Kasey really liked it, but I was not impressed. At least I will have lots of leftovers in the freezer for them.

*****************************

I am "resting" my cow and calf drawing right now, and have started a pencil drawing of a shaggy buffalo. The texture of his hair is challenging. I have wonderful book by an artist in UK who does pencil drawings. The name of the book is "From Line to Life" and the artist's name is Mike Sibley. The cost of the book was preposterous, but his work is incredible. He sometimes spends hundreds of hours on his drawings.

Some of his work is a little too much for my tastes, like too much background, and too much detail in the background. But his animal drawings are magnificant. He uses a lot of interesting techniques, like embossing, drawing with his eraser, etc.If you are interested, Google Mike Sibley and you can see his work.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to see the Buff, I love them you know.. take care nanny