Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday

Click on images for a larger view
This is my latest sculpture from Alice. It is mounted on suede deer hide and is bronze. I haven't decided where to hang it yet. It is about 10" by 22" and there are several places in my house it would fit nicely.

********************************


"Waiting for Spring"

******************************

The cat had a very traumatic night last night. I went to bed fairly early, and woke up about 2:30 this morning. I could hear her crying. I came downstairs and found her shut in between the dining room door and the screen door. Poor thing! She had to have been in there 6 or 7 hours. She was sure glad to get out - purred and rubbed on my legs.

This morning, it appears she has thought it over, and has decided to get even with me. She has done everything naughty she can think of. I just caught her dragging my cell phone across the living room floor by its little loop handle. It was on the dining room table. Maybe I should kick her outside for a while.

I am still looking for one stacking ring and the round top for Kasey's toy. And the hammer for her peg pounding bench. I have gone through the computer room waste basket and the bathroom waste basket. I have looked under everything, including couch and chair cushions. I still have one bag of garbage to go through, which is a possibility. It is an empty cat food sack that I use for glass and other items that I don't put in the compactor. It's all clean - nothing gross in it. Kasey put one of her books in it once. During my searching, I have found a few pens and a lens cap.

The tree is finally in its bag and ready to go to the basement. The ornament box needs some organizing and getting things fit in better. And I am still hopeful I will find a few more oraments. I found two in Kasey's basket of toys this morning while I was searching for the missing items.

The batteries in my cordless mouse died this morning. No indication they were getting low like it usually does, it just died. The cursor made a slow spiral descent to the bottom of the screen. I had never seen that before! It looked like a duck that had been shot out of the sky.

No comments: