Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday

Lynn mentioned that she hadn't seen my blog lately, and I just haven't had anything to write about! Not much happening.

I have had Kasey several times, and of course she is always fun and entertaining. I have taught her to "belch", hold her hand over her mouth and say "Oh My!" Is that bad, or what? She has been sick again (ear infections) and Barrie has been sick again too, and they both went to the doctor this morning.

I helped Kasey paint a watercolor this afternoon. She loves the colors.

I had thought about doing an oil painting, just because I need to do something different for a while, but I have decided it would be too frustrating with the cat. What a mess that could be! She was so curious when Kasey was doing her watercolor today, and I had to watch her closely (and spray her once in a while) to keep her from walking in the paints.

I am making progress on the pencil drawing of the calf, and have finished the hill in the background on the watercolor painting of elk in the snow. Haven't ruined either of them yet!

I am reading a book by Tony Hillerman about the Navajo policeman, Joe Leaphorn. I have read this one before, but it has been so long ago that I don't really remember it very well. I have ordered four new books from Amazon. I seem to be reading a lot more lately. I know I should use our library more, but I can never be sure I will get a book back on time.

I read "Brown Bear" to Kasey several times today! I have bought her a dozen or so new books we keep at my house, and several people have given her books.

************************************************

Click on image for a larger view.

Kat just discovered my screen saver yesterday. She acts interested, but doesn't get too excited about the fish.

No comments: