Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday

Click on images for a larger view


This is obviously a well-used sketch book. It is held together with duct tape. It says "Take Me Along", and I did. It has been to a few workshops, and is also the sketchbook I used when I started working through Betty Edward's book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain".

**************************************

Kasey and Barrie having a "spitting" contest.



One of Kasey's favorite things is "In me mouth". When she sees me with my spray bottle, she comes up with her mouth wide open and says "in me mouth" - and I spray water into her mouth. She squeals and giggles and opens her mouth again for more. Who can figure?

*******************************************

It got so foggy last night about 10:30 that I couldn't even see the highway. I expected to get up this morning to heavy frost on branches and fences, but the fog was gone, and no frost. I was kind of disappointed. I love it when everything is covered with frost.

I am working on the drawing of the calf, but it is going slow. I am attempting to put in the grass by "negative drawing". Mike Sibley, in his book "Drawing from Line to Life" gives several demonstrations on how he does it, but my attempts are not too successful.

Because I got frustrated with the grass, I started a new drawing of a cow and calf moose. What's that you say? When am I going to finish something??


No comments: