Sunday, March 22, 2009

Brief spring snow

I liked the picture Gina posted this morning showing the snow. It's obvious she gets up a heck of a lot earlier than I do! It was daylight when I woke up and looked out the window at the pine tree and saw big soft white flakes coming down.

I spent many years getting up in the dark to go to work in the winter. When I retired, I was surprised how easy it was to break that habit! I can usually sleep until 9:00 with no problem.

Barrie took Kasey out to play in the snow for a while. The snow was so wet and heavy that it balled up on her feet so much that she couldn't walk.
Keeping her balance in the snow on a hillside with 5 lbs of snow on her feet is pretty tricky.

****************************************

Tracy's sister-in-law sent me a video from a woman who does sand art. Maybe you have already seen it, but it is fascinating to watch her. Here is the link:
I need to make a color chart for the new palette I set up. I want to make it small enough to fit in a sandwich bag, so it won't get wet. But I am not smart enough to measure and figure out the dimensions.

Barrie has gone out to her dog lot to feed. She washed both our pickups yesterday, and as she has to drive out as far as the gate on the Soda Lake Road, hers will get dirty. I'm not moving my truck out of the garage!

My neighbors became very active yesterday. For the first time since they have lived there, they cleaned up their yard and the deck. They filled two dumpsters and the back of one pickup. Barrie wonders if they are moving, but I think one of their mothers is coming to visit.


Two more of the Daniel Smith triads. I especially like the Toucan Triad colors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Triads are wonderful! What fun. Kasey is so cute in the snow. JAM