Thursday, March 5, 2009

New "Roomates"

Click on image for a larger view
This photo of Barrie and Kasey was taken last summer, and Kasey has changed SO much in five months!

************************
Well, my life has taken a whole new turn! Barrie showed up at my house Monday morning, and said "Mom, your worst nightmare has come true. Kasey and I need a place to stay for a while".

Well, the word "nightmare" is kind of a joke, but anyway, they are moved into Barrie's old room. She and her roomates have been getting on each others' nerves for some time now, and they are both heavy smokers - not good for anybody. We got the dresser drawers cleaned out, but haven't done much to the closet yet.

Barrie has changed a lot since she was a teenager and since she last lived with me 10 years ago, and I think we will all get along fine. Also, I now have my upstairs room, so we can each have our own private space if we feel like it, and watch what we want on TV, etc. Barrie has cleaned both toilet stools, taken out garbage, done dishes, and all kinds of things I have never seen her do before!! I guess it's called "growing up".

And of course it's wonderful having Kasey here! Barrie goes to work and Kasey goes to what she calls "school", and I still have lots of quiet time for myself.

Barrie has chipped out the ice and snow from the gates in the back yard so they can be closed, and her two companion dogs, Jarvi and Shorty can be back there. Then she fixed up the back hall with old blankets and a gate, and they sleep in there at night. I really was not ready for dogs all over the house again and up on the beds. There's also the fact that Kat now lives here! Barrie takes her dogs with her to work every day. They can sit in the truck, and sometimes get to go in her office.

I am going to make a big pan of lasagna today and bake the "Friendship Bread" Toni gave me. Then I may not cook again for another week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure have two beautiful girls. You're lucky to have them close.
Love, Lynn