Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trying to Snow

Click on images for a larger view.
This a very special photo for me. I had taken so many pictures that they had both quit paying attention, and I caught this special moment. I think it needs to be a painting.



Just a couple of pictures showing the expressions on Kasey's face as she watches "Peep". Thanks to Judi, this little program is almost a daily treat for her.



**********************************

It has been making a pitiful attempt to snow today, but the sun is out now.

The Iditarod race is moving right along. 35 mushers have left the Rohn checkpoint yesterday and today, so there is a big pack at the front. I think Rohn is about 275 miles into the race. There is no way of knowing who the real leaders are until they have taken their mandatory 8 hour and 24 hour rest stops. I believe the teams leave the starting line every 2 minutes, so when there are more than 60 teams, the last musher to leave is already 2 hours behind the early ones. That is why time is the deciding factor.

One musher has scratched. And so far, I haven't heard of any dog deaths. It would be great if they made it this year without any. In past years, drunk snowmachiners have been responsible for some dog deaths by driving into teams. Boy, that makes you sick, doesn't it?

It feels like I am using my old dial up connection again. Today is better, but yesterday I gave up even trying to use the internet. Toni mentioned how slow her connection had been, and Barrie said everyone in her office was having a problem with getting knocked off, or pages not loading. And I know Lynn said she had been having problems. I'm inclined to think Century Tel is to blame, and I hope they get it fixed soon. I will not call them - like I said before, I think they hate me and have a mark by my name showing that I am a rude troublemaker. So I'm hoping someone else is bugging them about the poor service.

No comments: