Monday, March 23, 2009

new paint disaster

Click on images for a larger view

I'm not sure I should call this a disaster - it is just a learning time.

The top photo shows the picture of an old rusted car that Hank posted on his blog. He was so kind to post another one from a different angle, so I may try that one too. The bottom photo shows the progress I have made on painting it. I haven't gone very far on it yet, but am mostly trying to get the colors and the textures of the rust.

The paint I am using is new to me, the Daniel Smith watercolors which I just got on a palette. I'm not familiar with them, so this is kind of experiment while I learn about the paint. I think this palette is going to be wonderful for things like rust.

Some day I will develop a palette of colors that works for me, and quit experimenting. Or maybe not. It's fun to experiment and try new things.

******************************
A very cold, gray, and windy day. I think we got a little snow last night. I hear that the eastern part of the state will be getting lots of snow and wind today. So typical at this time of the year.

I am getting close to finishing the 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. The end is in sight, that is if the cat will cooperate. I have a piece of plastic covering the puzzle, and about a dozen books around the edges to hold it down. I have learned to not leave anything sticking out over the edge of the table - irresistable to the cat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors are great. Yes, Laramie got snow - Rollie is stuck there! JAM

MOM/Gina said...

Hey..it doesn't look like a disaster to me...
I like Daniel Smith paints...

Hank said...

Duene:

Wow, nice job on the old rusty car. I'll keep shootin if you keep paintin...

LOL

Hank