Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday

Click on images for a larger view.

I have been working on small ("4" x 5") studies of winter and snow. There will be nine of them on a 12" x 16" sheet of paper when I finish. They are taking longer than I thought, but I find that I really like to paint small pieces.



Pure comfort on the cat tree.

Barrie and Kasey are watching Peep on my laptop.

***********************************

It snowed a little during the night, but not much. It is overcast this afternoon, but doesn't really look much like it is going to snow.

I have started a new painting of the barnwood on the back of the ruined one. I am having trouble with the paper buckling. I had it wet and got it stretched (I thought) and taped to a board. But when I wet it this morning, the paper buckled up. Not sure what I should do with it.

Lance Mackey, who has won the Iditarod for the last two years, is in the lead into Rainy Pass. He must really be moving, as he started the race in 47th position. I'm glad to see him do so well. He almost died about 3 years ago - he is a cancer survivor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about Lance Mackey. didn't he win the Iditarod & Yukon Quest in the same year? I love the 3 snow pictures! JAM