Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday

Click on images for a larger view
This a little cigar box that has been converted to a plein air painting box. Kasey loves to step up on it - then she throws her hands up in the air and says "Touchdown". I'm glad I got a picture of this. Standing on the box is not a challenge any more, and I'm sure she will find something else to climb on.


The cat is now enjoying sleeping in the "condo" on the cat tree.



Kasey in a "pensive" pose. Judi and I would do well together photographing children. She likes them looking at the camera and smiling, and I prefer the candid shots! We could take pictures together and never be in the other's way.

*****************************************

Lynn mentioned uploading the photos from her new camera onto her computer. Lynn, I have never hooked my cameras up to the computer. I take the card out of the camera, insert it in a card reader, and view them in Photoshop. That is when I decide what to keep and what to delete before I ever move them to the computer. I have to admit I never use the preview window on the camera. I have folders set up on the computer - one for the year, and within each year's folder, I have folders for each month. It sometimes takes me a lot of time and browsing to find an image, but it's the best method of filing images I have been able to come up with. Wish I had something better and easier.

Also, Lynn - I can sympathize with your frustration with CenturyTel and their internet service. When I started with them, I thought I was going to go crazy. I found they had assigned me an IEP address in the wrong block of numbers, and couldn't convince any of their tech people of it. I actually used foul language over the phone with one of their support guys, and they probably still have a black mark by my name. Anyway, finally the local guys came and got it all fixed. I was not charged for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Cigar Box is beautiful. Some kind of red wood? Yes, I like to take "look at me & grin" photos. I think it is because I'm not artistic. You are. But, they both work. JAM

Anonymous said...

WHEE HAW! It worked! Zip, my comment was posted! Thank you so much for eliminating that frustrating "verification" step. JAM

Judith Angell Meyer said...

I love the picture of Kasey on the box. My kids used to do the same thing when they were that size, but when they threw their arms they said, "Soooooo Big" Great memories.

~J~