Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday

Today is bright and sunny, and just a lilttle bit windy. It's still below freezing (27 degrees), but nice. The news says another storm is coming in.

I was up pretty early this morning (for me, anyway), to take Kat to the vet to be spayed. She was not happy being put in the airline carrier, but behaved herself very well when we took her out to weigh her. I will pick her up this afternoon, and I know she will have no control over which way she is walking, she will run into things, and will look very panicked. Now she will be able to spend some time outdoors without having to worry about her meeting a tom cat. She has never been outdoors beyond the front porch since we found her last fall.

I keep seeing the shadow of the Red Tail Hawk, and have gone to the window a few times to check. I saw "him" once go into the nest with something in his mouth. It looked like it could have been a little gopher. So the mate must be sitting on the nest.


Click on image for a larger view
This is what I ended up doing with the "sprayed" sky that Conley showed us how to do. The hills looked pretty good yesterday, but I fiddled with them too much today and don't like it as well. Also, the yellow part of the sky isn't showing up very well in this photo. I want to do another sky like this. The sky and hills might make a good background for the old rusty car Hank photographed.

I got a new watercolor book in the mail today called " Capturing the Magic of Light in Watercolor". It is one of the best watercolor books I have ever seen, and I can sure put the information in it to work in my paitning.

No comments: