Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday

Click on images for a larger view

I started an oil painting of Fremont Lake some time ago. It was the first time I had painted with oils in about 30 years, and I really enjoyed it. Need to get this out and finish it. Don't know how I would manage oils with the cat around, but will think of something.



I love taking photos of the moon, even though they all end up looking exactly the same!

****************************

Lance Mackey is still leading the Iditarod race, and by a good margin. He is now out on the ice of Norton Sound, on his way to Kayuk. He is about 30 miles ahead of the four mushers closest behind him. Sounds like the real battle will be between 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place, because I doubt if any of them are able to catch up with Lance. Unless, of course, something unforeseen happens in the way of weather, or polar bears or something!

The Iditarod site has a really neat feature this year. It is a GPS tracker. You have to be a paid subscriber to use it, and Barrie subscribed. It is amazing how you can check the exact location of each musher, see how fast they are going, see the temperature, etc. In Lance Mackey's case, he is at Mile 766, is moving at 7 mph, and the temperature is 19 degrees below zero.

I thought I was finished with the barnwood on my watercolor painting, but Barrie tells me the knotholes look funny. Hmmm. Guess I better look at them again. I have a stack of old barn wood in my garage. It was the walls of my upstairs room before I remodeled. Maybe I shoud bring some up and look at it!

I am in the process of sending a complaint to FedEx. The last two orders they should have delivered were left at the post office, and their tracking page says "customer not available or business closed". I think their drivers are just too lazy to deliver the package. It is much easier to just drop it at the post office.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Iditarod updates. That is so interesting about Barrie being a tracker. JAM

Anonymous said...

Hi Duene..

I do have one more picture of that old car but it's just a slightly different angle. I'll post it!!

Hang on....spring is near!!