Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday

I found this little saying in a magazine and tore it out and scanned it. Maybe I will put this up on one of my walls and see if it helps me ignore all the other things I need to be doing, and just go upstairs and paint, and paint and paint. I love the idea!

*************************************

A couple of signs of spring I have noticed today - I saw a big motorbike going down the highway this morning out my window, and I have two (a pair) of Cassin's Finch visiting my feeder. I haven't seen any big motorhomes yet, but maybe I just wasn't looking at the right time.

It has been kind of a lazy day (for me). Barrie thoroughly cleaned the downstairs bathroom, even washed the rugs. She did two loads of laundry and started to vacuum the living room, but the vacuum cleaner kind of died. She loaded the dishwasher, then went out to her dog lot. I finished the dishwasher, and ran it. I did do some more work on her closet, and now have a mess in the other downstairs bedroom, but we will get it straightened out.

Kat went berserk about 7:00 this morning, running and leaping and fighting with her tail. When I got up, I discovered she had managed to uncover the jigsaw puzzle and had a little fun with it.

Lance Macky is still leading the Iditarod. He has left Eagle River. There are two mushers fairly close behind him, but they have not yet taken their mandatory 8 hour break on the Yukon, so they are not really close at all. Unless someting unforeseen happens, it appears Lance will be in first. Also, he is one of few mushers in the race still running 16 dogs. What an incredible team he has!

Was not able to view Lynn's update to her blog today.

No comments: