Monday, March 2, 2009

Progress in My Art Room

Click on images for a larger view


I've made some progress on the upstairs room. I never know whether to call it just "the upstairs room", or "my art room" or "my studio". At one time it was a quilting room, then a sewing room, but all those things are stored away now.

The room still looks a little cluttered to me, but I have to keep in mind what it is used for.

I put the table back in its original place, removed the four baskets that were under it, and moved two of the white storage cubes under it. This made plenty of room for the cat tree without too much crowding or blocking the window. I even put clean plastic on my watercolor table.

The cat is not in the pictures. I got the vacuum out, and the cat always disappears when that comes out.

Now there is the issue of the four baskets that need cleaned out, and the stacks of magazines I seem to collect. The problem with magazines is that you feel you have to sit down and look through them to see if there is anything you want to save before you get rid of them. That's a lovely thought - maybe I'll spend the rest of the day looking at magazines.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an inviting room! I love the spider? plant. JAM

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog about your grand daughter,your cat your paintings .I wish my studio was as neat and orderly as yours!

from Ohio