Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday

Click on image for a larger view
Barrie and her sixteen dog team near Rainy Pass on the Iditarod Trail, Alaska.

***********************
Judi mentioned that the Iditarod Race starts today in Willow. I'm sure Barrie and I will follow it on the Internet. Although there are new ones every year, many of the mushers are familiar to Barrie.

***************************
I worked on a watercolor painting of a lantern hanging on old barn wood yesterday, and ended up putting it on the shower floor and spraying it very hard. I will paint something on the back of it. I did a small painting of barn wood a few months ago, and really liked it. Seems like when I try something larger, it never works as well.

I don't know why the time change is hard on me, because I have no set schedules and don't need to be anyplace at any particular time. But I don't like it.

The weather forecast says 70% chance of 3 to 5 inches of snow tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.

My sister-in-law called this morning, and she said I just got much older! Well, so did they. Their oldest grandchild, Nicki, just had a baby girl. Nicki and Jordan live in Idaho. That makes Bill and Alice great-grandparents and me a great-great aunt. She says I am the oldest, because they have only one "great" in their title and I have two.

Teri, Nicki's mom, will be flying from Arkansas to Idaho the 18th to meet her first grandchild. Bet she can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning photo of Barrie on Rainy Pass. My hat's off to anyone who takes a run at the Iditarod. Keep us updated on the race. JAM

Anonymous said...

I love the picture too. Did you get to go watch? That would be wonderful even in winter. I loved our family trip to Alaska. It was wonderful.
Sorry about your barnwood picture. Happens to us all. I'm glad I don't watercolor much, or I'd be washing them off all the time. With oil you just paint over it - gives it character I say.
Love, Lynn