Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday

Click on images for a larger view
These are small value studies that Terry did, using just one color. i think they are wonderful!


This is the only thing I worked on in art group this morning. It is a small 6x8 of Fremont Lake. I have to tell you where it is, otherwise, you might not recognize it! I wanted to attempt big puffy clouds, and didn't quite achieve it. But the part I like is the water. I had read about rubbing a candle on watercolor paper, so I tried it in the water area to preserve some whites for the "sparkle". I like the way it turned out.


Our art group grew today, and it was great to have Cindy Smith and Lynn Thomas join us. I hope they come back.


I have been noticing the shadow of a large bird out my window. I watched, and I think it is Red Tail Hawk. It was carrying sticks into the trees just down the ditchbank from me. Today, I could see the nest, and see the hawk come in and move around on it I won't be able to see the nest when the trees leaf out, but if a pair of hawks actually nest there, I should be able to watch them bring in food for the babies.


The Kat and I had a confrontation last night. I think I won. She had jumped up on the bookshelp at the top of the stairs, when I shooed her down, she knocked off a small piece of paper and grabbed it. When I tried to take it away from her, she fought back. I ended up standing on her tail and grabbing her by the back of her neck. I had no idea a cat could almost turn around inside their skin and still get in a few bites and scratches. As soon as I get her spayed, she is definitely spending more time outside. Maybe some of the other cats will beat her up and take care of her attitude.

1 comment:

sahrasearching said...

Hey Mrs. Raper, this is Sarah Hunt, Terry's daughter. She told me about an extra camera you have and might be wanting to sell. I was wondering what it was. Do you think you could send me some information on it. My email is sayhunt@hotmail.com.
By the way thanks for posting my mom's artwork on your blog. She would never do that herself and it means alot to me to be able to see them. I think she is doing really well and I know it is something she has always wanted to do. She talks about the art group a lot. So thanks for being there for her. It is nice to know she is having fun since I can't be there to take care of her and be with her.