Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday

Click on image for a larger view
Hank's old rusty car is resting today. I decided to try to finish this one of an old lantern hanging on a barn. I can see I need to do more work on the shadows, but in general, I am satisfied how this turned out.

I don't know what I will work on in art group tomorrow. Maybe the old rusty car, but for some reason, I seem to feel like I am supposed to start something new every time we meet. I need to change that - and need to finish the things I have started.

*******************************
The last musher in the Iditarod Race finally crossed the finish line early this morning, and they extinguished the red lantern hung on the burled arch. The last finisher is a veterinarian from Michigan. Lance Mackey finished 6 days ago, and it must have seemed like a long trail for this guy. But I'm sure he's proud of finishing.

A sad thing happened yesterday. They sent a plane out to pick up a musher and his team to fly them to Nome. They ran into extreme turbulence and couldn't make it to Nome. The pilot was able to land in Golovin, and they found that one of the team, a two year old female, was dead. They said the whole team was in good condition when they loaded them on the plane.

No comments: