Friday, October 30, 2009

Electrifying

Click on images for a larger view




I don't know if you can see in the photos how Kasey's hair was standing on end. She was running around in her fleece pajamas on the carpet and was full of static eletricity. Then she would touch fingers with us, giggle, and run some more. I could hardly stand to hold my finger out, because I knew I was going to get zapped! But Kasey loved it. I guess it's time to get the humidifiers out

I tried printing with my big Canon printer again this morning, and did some research on the internet for troubleshooting my color problems, and found something that made me go "DUH"! Sure enough, I had mixed up the slots for the yellow and magenta cartridges. I switched them back to the right location, and the colors are printing much better! I didn't work with it any more, as I have other things I want to do today.

I have the HP cartridges ready to return to Amazon for a refund, and have ordered more. I hope that was just a one-time thing with the color cartridge and that I will get a cartridge that will play well with the printer.

I am actually going to try the NaNoWriMo. The goal is to complete 50,000 words in 30 days. They call it "30 days of literary abandon!" There are over 150,000 people taking part from all over the world. They make it sound like fun, and nobody will read what you write unless you share it.

2 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

I'm thinking about the book. I can't imagine doing it...

Duene said...

Gina, they stress that it's quantity we're after, not quality. And it's not supposed to be a finished product. But just writing that many words is an accomplishment. Not sure I can do it.