Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday

Click on image for larger view

I have finished the portrait of "Puppy" one of Barrie's race dogs. Barrie says his ears look funny, and she's right, they do. But then Puppy HAS funny looking ears. They just don't look funny like I made them funny.

Even though he's not on the race team, I want to do a drawing of this dog's father, "Skortch", because he has the same beautiful blue eyes.

Today I got up in the "finish things" mood. I have about 5 watercolors I have started and never finished. I'm sure I won't get to them all, but am making progress. I want them to either be "done" or "ruined".

The forecast today was for rain and wind. We've already had some rain, and the wind is coming up pretty hard.

Later: Now that this is posted and I look at Puppy on my computer screen, I immediately see that his eyes are looking two different directions! Also need more dark on the left side of his face, and something needs to be done where his neck starts under his muzzle. It's funny how those things jump out at you from the comuter screen.

3 comments:

Sindia said...

It seems like that dog is really real not a painting. And, yeah as you observed, the eyes look at different points. But as a whole the painting is excellent.
Keep up the good work.

Betty said...

This is Betty in Nevada, Lynn's friend. Do you mind if I snatch the photo of the leaves on the lawn off your October 20th posting? I really like the photo AND the philosophy. Unfortunately, leaves left on the lawn for the winter here, are still leaves next spring. Rot? Never in this dry climate!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty,

Good to hear from you. Of course you may use the picture. Glad you like it. We've had a couple of snows, but it has all melted. More snow is forecast soon, so I might not see the leaves again until spring!

Missing Lynn ..............duene