Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday

I started a new watercolor at art group yesterday morning - a mountain view from Tracy's deck in Colorado. I hope this won't just be another one to add to the pile of unfinished paintings! Well, I am slowly working on the unfinished ones, so they will be finished some day.

Sure missed Judi and Vicky at art group! But Pam was back, and very welcome. Pam spent her morning cleaning and arranging magazines on our bookshelf, and organizing other supplies. It took three of us to get the coffee made, and we need to put Vicky's phone number up with a little sign that says "for technical assistance call -----. And no one baked banana bread!!


****************************


My new pencil sharpeners came today, and I sure wish I had ordered them earlier. I got one electric sharpener, and one battery operated. The pencils I thought might be defective are sharpening easily, with a super sharp point. Much less stress in my colored pencil drawings! No more throwing the pencil across the room and cursing. I will make sure I put some graphite pencils through them to help clean the wax buildup. But I am resigned to the fact that these sharpeners will wear out have to be replaced. The wax in the colored pencils are just very hard on them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you and art class too!! JAM