Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday

Barrie, Kasey and I went out to the dog lot last evening, and Barrie took six dogs out for a short run. She wanted to check out Kimble and Puppy, who have been acting lame. So she hooked them up with four of her older, retired non racing dogs who are not on her team.


I took more photos at the dog lot for drawing reference photos. Kasey and I followed in the pickup and took more pictures.

Click on images for a larger view
Leaving the dog lot

On the road

Skortch and Puppy, father and son. Puppy outgrew his father!



Barrie should have known better than to take me by this old cabin out by Soda Lake. Of course I stopped and photographed it. Then I didn't see which way she and the dogs went, and I drove back along the fence. That area is covered with two track roads. I should have followed the other trail when I saw her off across a dried up pond, because she was going to take Kasey with her on the four wheeler into the dog lot. Bummer! Kasey would have been so happy! Grandma goofed.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw that cabin a couple years ago and I have the name of it somewhere. There is also a hill/ridge near there behind a high fence ??? and there are tipi rings on top. JAM

Anonymous said...

Wow, Judi! I would love to hear about the cabin. Yes, the elk fence is very close. Are the tipi rings inside or outside the fence?
D

Anonymous said...

The rings are up on top of the ridge west of the elk fence. Either Monte or Courtney Skinner told us about them. Judi can clue you in on the cabin.

rwm