Thursday, October 29, 2009

Not a Productive Day

Click on images for a larger view



I may just wind up wearing this piece of paper out! The top photo shows what the painting looked like yesterday. I wasn't happy with it. I thought it needed a foreground. To me, the trees looked like "midground", and I needed something closer. I took it to art group with me yesterday, for critique and advice from my fellow painters. Pam thought the trees were too dark and detracted from the mountains. So I scrubbed and lifted color today. I like it better, but I may try to throw some closer trees and rocks in front. By then, the paper should be totally worn out and I can quit.

************************
I planned to get some more greeting cards printed today. NOT! I got new cartridges for my HP printer, one color and one black. I put them in today and for some reason, the printer will not work with the new color cartridge. It just sits there with its little red light blinking. When I put the old cartridge in, it worked fine, but the color is bad.

So decided to use my big Canon photo printer. It needed three new cartridges, and I put them in. The colors in the printouts were terrible! The big printer uses 13 different color cartridges. One of the ones I replaced today was the yellow one, and everything prints out with way too much red and orange. I quit before throwing both printers out in the yeard, and came upstairs to watch the judges shows, and read and draw!

Tomorrow's another day.

On a positive note, Barrie is downstairs attacking the house with mop and vacuum cleaner!

3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

My fix all for electronic stuff..and it works more than it doesn't. Turn it off..unplug it..let it sit five minutes while it's little computers reboot, and plug it on..turn it on and see if it prints.

MOM/Gina said...

That would be "plug it IN"... :)

Duene said...

Gina, printers work fine - I am just getting bad color. At least for something like greeting cards I might sell some day. Am returning the cartridges for the HP, and still thinking about the Canon. I'll do some testing on the big printer tomorrow - and try printing out "splotches" of different colors. Maybe the yellow cartridge is defective?