Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday

It's a little chilly in the house today, as there is no back door right now. Dave didn't get back to work on it over the weekend, which was fine with me. It is so much nicer today, and the sun is shining. A good time to be without a back door, I guess.

Click on images for a larger view

This is the old door. If you look closely, you can see a white line along the side of the door starting just below the door handle. That is air - outside air!



Here is one of the new windows. They are so nice! they are vinyl, so will never have to be painted. They have double panes, of course, and close tightly. Barrie will have to use the electric heater back there some, but it seemed to me this morning that it was not very cold in there, with the door open.




Meet Puppy, my next target for a colored pencil dog portrait. I really liked the one I did first of Lucy, but the second one I did will probably go to the trash.

I think maybe the colored pencils I'm using now were dropped from an airplane or something like that. Just as I get the point almost shart, it breaks off. It's very frustrating to start out with a brand new pencil and end up with one about 5 inches long before you can use it. The new pencil sharpeners should be here soon.

Kasey got a new box of Crayons last week - a box of eight big ones. She used them for the first time last night and the tips were broken on three of them. They must have been dropped from the same plane as my pencils! We will return them to KMart and get another box. And we'll be sure to open the box and check them! I have sure been out of touch with things like that! I didn't realize that a box of eight crayons cost over $3!!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Duene...I absolutely love your blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos of Barrie & Tracy next to the new window! You have always been a great photographer. JAM