Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New long johns

Click on images for a larger view
Kasey has new long johns. Barrie found them at the Food Basket. Boy, that place is a treasure chest! These are REI brand, and look new. Kasey wore them out to feed the dogs tonight. Later, she went to the bathroom, then came upstairs with me. She told me her pants were falling down. She had pulled up her underpants, then her corduroy pants, and her long johns were still down around her knees.



It must be winter, because I made a big pot of potato soup today. Kasey and I had seconds. My potato soup is one of those things that tastes better warmed up the next day - and the day after that. Real comfort food. I put noodles in my potato soup. My first husband taught me how to make it. Turns out my stepdaughter makes it that way, and her mom (the first wife) makes it that way, and we all make it that way because that's the way the Grandmother made it. Tracy makes it that way too.



***********************************

Dave finished installing the new back door today, so the back part of the house is all fixed up with new weather tight windows and doors. So nice!!



This is the fancy wooden box of colored pencils that I have started to use, and it is giving me headaches! I can't sharpen them without the lead breaking. I have figured out that my old pencils are not breaking, and that probably this box was dropped and they are broken to start with. Also, when I look at the ends, the "leads" don't look like they are centered in the wood casing. Bummer! I purchased them too long ago to even find out where I bought them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate that. When ever you try to sharpen a colored pencil. you think one more turn and it will be sharp, and the darn thing break the lead.
R

Judith Angell Meyer said...

This would be more than maddening. Colored pencils are not cheap. And then the crayons... what a day!

~J~