Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday

Click on image for larger view

I finished this painting of an old cabin in the snow this morning. The reference photo was from a slide I took years ago up the Pole Creek Road. I had written "Old Eckland Cabin", on the slide frame.

I am not very at good at painting snow, it is so hard for me, and I haven't practiced enough. This is probably the best job I have even done on snow.

Today I am going to work on the painting of the view from Tracy and Paul's deck. I'm not sure I can pull it off. It's not a good idea to attempt to make a painting look just like a photo.

************************

Kat is on a tear this morning. She has a little plastic lid she takes all over the house, upstairs and down, swats it around and chases it. I'm almost afraid to walk across the floor when she is like this. She leaps at me and fastens herself to my foot. Someday she is going to trip me. She goes through this extremely active phase every morning, then sleeps the rest of the day.

I think it got down to about 11 degrees early this morning. Come on, snow!

**********************

Have any of you ever heard of NaNoWriMo? It stands for "National Novel Writing Month". It is a competition to write a 50,000 word novel entirely in the month of November. There were 100,000 participants world wide, but only 15,000 finished in 2007. After reading about it, I decided to give it a try. They make it sound like fun, and no pressure, and I decided to try it.

If you've ever had the urge to write, you might enjoying trying this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks just like I remember it. It was a great old cabin. It is located in T33N/R108W and even has a "fire number" (117 Fall Crk Road) in my old assessor's addressing book. It was homesteaded by Dorothea Ethel widow of Lawrence H) Eklund (no C in Eklund). Want me to find out any more? That reminds me....I was going to look something up for you when I got home. hmmmm JAM

Anonymous said...

Wow, Judi! You are a wealth of information! I love it that you stuff.

Your drawings and maps of your last trip are wonderful!

D

Anonymous said...

Something happenend to my comment. Seems to be some words missing. I meant to say I love how you are able to dig up so much information on things!