Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday

Things are busy at my house, but I'm moving kind of slow.

Dave C. came yesterday to start on replacing windows and doors. He got one window in yesterday, another one today, and they look so good. He is working on getting the old window out of the other bedroom right now, and it isn't going as well. He says it was put in backwards. I always feel like I need to apologize to Dave when he works on my house. Dave did the big remodeling job on my upstairs a few years ago., and did such a good job. He had to contend with crooked walls, sagging ceilings, etc.

I worked on the painting of the old lantern yesterday in art group, and it is not going well. Once again, the background wood and the lantern are the same value. I may have to start something entirely new to get enthused about painting!

**************************
In the meantime, I have been frustrated with colored pencils. They need to be super sharp, and I am out of pencil sharpeners. I just threw two (expensive) ones in the trash. It seems that the wax base in colored pencils eventually builds up and ruins the sharpeners. I have several pencils that are getting pretty short because the sharpeners break the lead. Supposedly, if you run a regular graphite pencil through them every once in a while, it will clean them up and they will last longer. I like the little hand held sharpeners, but the blades dull, and then I have broken lead and chewed up pencils.



So I ordered two new pencil sharpeners today. One is electric, and one is battery operated. The battery operated one is supposed to use a replaceable blade, which should be good.

I did get one thing accomplished today - I got the big down comforter stuffed back into the freshly washed duvet. My bed looks kind of lumpy right now, but I'm sure the lumps will smooth out. If not, I'll just sleep under a lumpy comforter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can we see the new & old windows? JAM