Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Don't Need This!

Click on images for a larger view

Isn't this just what we need? The cat I call "Ugly Cat" brought two kittens home today. They came right up on the porch with her and ate some cat food. Barrie thinks that maybe she can catch them (wearing welding gloves) then trap the mother. Then hopefully Julie can find them a nice barn somewhere.

On the other hand, she might take them off somewhere and we will never see any of them again, but I doubt it. The kittens could be tamed, and Ugly is almost tame. She will come in the dining room if the door is left open, and she rubs on my legs. I think if I could ever get her to let me pet her just once, she would love it.

I have put the little "Snickers" colored pencil drawing back for a while. I may not even finish it. Now I have started a colored pencil drawing of "Lucy", one of Barrie's sled dogs.

Barrie fixed corned beef hash and fried eggs this morning. It was a late breakfast, so I was actually up and ate with them. Kasey didn't eat much, and then took a nap.

We are planning to go to Jackson tomorrow for another load of meat from the locker plant.

I have an article I got from somewhere called "And They Ask Why I Like Retirement".

Question: Among retirees what is considered formal attire?
Answer: Tied shoes.

Question: What do you do all week?
Answer: Mon to Fri. Nothing, and on Sat & Sun I rest.


No comments: