Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Do over


Started the church all over again.  The first one willl go on the floor of the shower for a good rinse job so I can use the back of it.

This is what I call the "Conley Sky" because he's the one who showed us how to do it.  The paint is thinned down and put in little spray bottles.  You start with wet paper and spray the color on, then you keep tilting the paper in different directions and add more color if needed. 

I used miskit film to cover the white places.  It's kind of a cross between contact paper and plastic wrap.  You press it down, then cut carefully around the edges with an exacto knife to remove where you want the color. 

I always forget about the problem this block of paper has.  In spite of being glued down on all four edges, it wrinkles and buckles when it's very wet.  I guess it will flatten out eventually.

*************************

This is my horoscope:

Force yourself to follow through on the tasks you have at hand. Part of your problem right now might be that you have a lot of half-baked ideas cluttering up your mind -- you need to pick one of them and complete it today!

Does this mean I should quit starting new paintings and drawings, and finish what I've started?  Darn, I hate that!  And I resent the "half-baked" statement.

No comments: