Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday

 This is to show Vicky how we cope when she's not at art group to bring us delicious baked goodies.  I brought cheese and crackers and a can of mixed nuts, and Dorothy brought some trail mix.  So we survived.



Lenore finished her painting of a fire and matted it today.  I think this is a very striking painting, one of her best!

******************

I worked on the Papago church painting this morning, but didn't accompish a lot.  I have a feeling this is one of those paintings I will still be puttering around with six months from now.

I put the painting back and got my charcoal pencils out when I got home.  Wonder why I've never used charcoal much in the past?  I can't get the details I do with graphite, but I can get nice dark darks so my drawings have contrast and value changes, which I haven't been able to accomplish.



2 comments:

Judi said...

LOL. Love your survival food photo. Yes, Lenore's painting is striking. Did she name it "Yellowstone '88"?

Duene said...

We all discussed names, like "Burn, Baby, Burn" and "Get the Marshmallows". Real serious stuff.