Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday


  Both Vicky and Lenore sent me this photo.  It is entitled "Real Cowboys Have No Fear".  Cute and funny!

This must be where all our snow went. This is a house in Cordova, Alaska. 

******************

I'm keeping my drawing pencils and my ink pen busy, but my watercolors are being neglected.  I still don't feel ready to paint sagebrush for my antelope.  I am not doing well, and am not going to ruin the painting because I am impatient.

I am working on the background of the oil painting of the deer in the snow.

********************

Read a very disturbing news article on the computer this morning.

North Carolina is compensating victims of a mass sterilization program that targeted poor minorities in a 20th century eugenics program, offering a $50,000 a person.
North Carolina sterilized more than 7,600 people in North Carolina from 1929 to 1974 -- one of many other states in misguided attempts to weed out criminals and the mentally disabled.  At some point in the century, more than half of the states in the U.S. had similar programs that allowed for the sterilization of those the government deemed unfit to procreate.
We abhored Hitler for this practice in Europe.  Isn't this the same thing?  Obviously this is a part of U.S. History that is not very well known. 

No comments: