Monday, January 30, 2012

Magazines

I finished "Lost Horizon" last night.  I hate it when I finish a good book.  It's the kind of feeling you get when all your company goes home.  You want don't want it to end.



I tried starting a new book last night, but couldn't get into it.  So I decided to continue in the futile attempt to clean and unclutter my house.  This is my rope basket.  I think it was made by a guy in Riverton.  It has been in the living room, full of three year old photography magazines, and covered with a pile of Kasey's toys.  I  have most of the magazines in the pickup ready to recyle.  Now I am going through all the art magazines I have upstairs.

I will keep some, but most of them will go to the art room at Rendezvous Pointe, where people can borrow them, keep them, or tear pages out of them.

***********************

I am always amazed at the silly and useless research is being done by someone.  Our grovernment probably, or at least paid for by government grants.  Here is one of the latest:
People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.
The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults.
This is one of those things we all know without having someone do a study on it.  People who are racists and predujiced are dumb.  Just saying.


2 comments:

Judi said...

Is Barrie mushing with the racers?

Duene said...

No, Barrie hasn't entered the Stage Stop for two years now. Very expensive to do.