Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday

 Last night I heard Barrie coughing downstairs.  I called down, “are you sick?”  She says “yes”.  I say, “Well, knock it off, you’re supposed to be healthy.”  Kasey says, “Oh, let her do what she wants to do, Grandma.”



Before I got my Kindle Reader last year, I had a few new books from Amazon that I hadn't read.  I decided to read a "real" book and give the Kindle a rest.  I am reading the book "Lost Horizon" by James Hilton.

This book was assigned reading when I was still in high school, about a hundred years ago.  I resented being required to read it, and didn't expect to like it.  Instead, I was fascinated by the story.  This is the first time I've read it since then, and it's hard to put the book down.

On the cover, it says this was the first paperback ever published.

Also found the old black and white movie on Amazon, so of course I had to buy it.  Shopping and spending money is just too easy!

***********************
A friend posted this on Facebook.  

In honor of Hostess declaring bankruptcy, this week we're eating a sandwich that is also morally bankrupt: The Twinkie Hot Dog. Turn the Twinkie upside down, slice it like a bun, slide a hot dog in there, and act as if you've done nothing wrong.




4 comments:

Rollie said...

When I was a sophomore in high school the senior play was "Lost Horizon". I played the part of Mallinson. Actually, I don't remember much about it. It was kind of awkward for me to be in a play with the seniors.

Judi said...

I learn something new everyday! After 48 years you'd think I knew it all. Guess not.

Duene said...

Judi, you're just 48? Funny, I thought you were older.

Judi said...

Yeah, right, Duene....I'm 48 all right, plus the years it took me to find my Sweet Baboo.