Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday


Maybe you remember the pencil drawing I did of the cowboy some time back (on the left).  I gave him a "makeover" today using charcoal (on the right).  I think it's a big improvement.

The calf roper I am working on in charcoal is progressing.  Today I am working on the rope and his hand.  Hard!  His shirt won't be any easier.

*********************

There have been a lot of free ebooks for the Kindle on Amazon lately.  Someone (?) has been searching the freebies out and posting it to Facebook.  I have downloaded about 15 free books in the last couple of weeks.  Some of the more catchy ones are "Assault With a Deadly Glue Gun", and "Bubba and the Dead Woman".  Wow, can't wait to read those.

But I also got "The Picture of Dorian Gray", and several other good titles.

**************************
I just read in an artist magazine that Leonardo da Vinci was famous for not completing projects.  Way to go Leonardo.  We are kindred spirits.


2 comments:

DADD said...

Now you can feel famous, right up there wiht the master.

DADD said...

The charcoal seems to give more depth, good job.
What is the site for the free e-books?