Thursday, January 12, 2012


This was not my idea.  Tracy made me do it.  It's an iPad app, a mouse game made especially for cats.  I don't think my cat quite gets it.  She watches the mouse, she's interested, then she tries to look under the iPad.  Then she starts to chew on it.  The mouse goes "Eeep!" if you touch it.  Kat accidently put her paw on it once, but didn't seem overly impressed.

***********************


Joan D. is showing Vicky's watercolor painting at Art Group yesterday.

Barrie went to the post office for me and delivered the new mats to the art room.  We got some really nice mats, and I wish now I had ordered more small ones.  Lenore and Vicky cleaned and straightened the cupboards.  Shoulda been there, Judi!
*************************

I watched a Carol Burnett DVD last night.  Years ago, I purchased the collector's series, they came once a month, and I have about a dozen of them.  Now, that's my kind of entertainment.  Late last night, I was sitting upstairs, laughing, all by myself.

Learned some interesting things about the cast.  Vicki Lawrence, who was a regular on the show and later had her own series, "Mama's Family", was also a singer.  She recorded the song "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia", which sold more than two million records.

On this day in 1971, "All In the Family" debuted on CBS-TV. You can still see these occasionally on TV, but the Crackle.com web site has them also.


4 comments:

DADD said...

I always like her, but I had no idea that she sang The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia", and i like t6hat song also.

MOM/Gina said...

I am going to a Vicky Lawrence show in Cheyenne next week. Can't wait. It's called a two person show, Mama and Vicky Lawrence.

Judi said...

Your cat App is too funny. You always make me smile & laugh, Duene. I wish I could see Vicky's painting better. Whose work is behind Joan on the wall? Lenore's?
Yes, I would have loved to have cleaned the cupboards.
Did Reba ALSO record 'Lights Went Out'?
You will have fun, Gina.

MOM/Gina said...

The Cat app...of course I had to do that too. My Cat scored 21 and won't even look at it any more! It's a hoot. I'll wait about a week and try again!