Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday


This is something totally different for me. I saw this type of work done by an artist in the Wet Canvas Forum, and had to try it.  I mixed some instant coffee, very strong, and literally "threw" it on a piece of watercolor paper.  After it dried, I drew a longhorn steer on it with charcoal pencils.  Lots of fun!!  I want to do another, but I guess I better complete a couple of the "traditional" pencil drawings I have started.

**************************

Cold and windy outside.  The forecast says we can expect wind and rain.

****************************

I bought a new hummingbird feeder when I went to Alcos.  I put it up in my upstairs window yesterday, but I know it's too early.  I just want to be ready. 



4 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

You don't HAVE to finish anything..doing what is fun at the moment. I love this coffee steer.

DADD said...

92 and windy up here in North Dakota. Just finished mowing and weed wacking

DADD said...

By the way, I really like your coffee art. But then I think you could make anything look good if Barrie would stop hiding things from you.

judi said...

Keep throwing coffee! What an awesome painting. Can we have a lesson at Art Group?