Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday


Day 3 of smoke and ashes.  This photo looks like I retouched it, but I didn't.  The sky is really that color, and the air is full of smoke and ashes.  I am keeping all my windows closed today.  It's so dark in the house that I have several lights on.

The fire has now burned 25,000 acres.  A few summer homes and a ranger station are being watched.  Gas wells have been shut down and personnel evacuated, and the fire is 0% contained.

I am wondering how the wildlife in the area is faring, and also, how many ranchers are losing their summer pasture?  Are all the cows moved out?

************************

I did learn today that my step son-in-law closed on his house in Colorado Springs, and is already moved out of Colorado to Cheyenne.  I'm glad he is out of there.

************************

It's hard to concentrate on reading, or drawing or painting.  I keep going to look out the window to check on the conditions outside.



4 comments:

Judi said...

Jackson was clear today. Driving home it just keeps getting darker & darker from the Rim to town.

susan said...

Chopper and Janie Mickleson said that too, Judy, Duene, are Tracy and Paul in danger? And I am wondering about Cheryl Shaul. awful

Duene said...

Tracy and Paul are some distance north of the fire. She said they don't even have much smoke. I don't remember where Cheryl lives. Denver?

Tracy LeClair said...

I live in Summit County, which is fine. Cheryl is in the Winter Park area, and there's no fires near there, either. We did have a fire break out in Eagle County yesterday and we're starting to see some of the smoke from that one.

I am heading down to Colorado Springs to help out at the Joint Information Center on Saturday and Sunday; will just miss the President, dang it! He's supposed to be there today.