Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday, rainy

A soft rain is falling, and it is about 40° outside.  The sky was beautiful when I woke up this morning, a soft light peach color.  I should paint it.

*************************
 
I'm trying to do something different with Photoshop every day.  I never have gotten into the habit of using layers.  It should be a crime that I've gotten so lazy.  There's some really powerful stuff in Photoshop.
 
Today I used a photo I took in California of boats, duplicated it, and turned it into a sketch. 
 

 
******************************
 
I'm not sure why, but I started reading Stephen King's "The Stand" again.  Even though I don't read Stephen King much any more, I routinely read "The Stand" every five or so years.  I think it was his best book.
 
****************************
 



1 comment:

Judi said...

I LOVE the sketch of the boats. I wish I could do that with some portraits. I tried to once with my little program & it was pathetic.

Oh, yes, when it comes to cold and ice, I am a big wimp.