Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday

Some days I actually accomplish something, and this is one of those days!  I baked a sausage/grit casserole for brunch, and it is good.

I am making a loaf of All-Bran bread, and sticking to my word.  It is ready to take out of the bread machine and bake in the oven.  It makes such a big difference (for me, anyway) to bake it in the oven instead of letting the machine do it.

I grated a couple extra cups of Cheddar cheese to have on hand. Barrie likes to have some pre-grated, and I always use the food processor.

I bought a long, skinny roll of pepperoni from Amazon.  This morning, I got my food slicer out and sliced it all up, super thin pieces,  all ready to bake some pizza, or whatever else.

 

 
I am such a sucker for kitchen gadgets.  The knife is Judi's fault.  She got one, and I thought it looked like a good tool to have.  The other thing was mentioned in a recipe on Pinterest.  It's a Pampered Chef's tool to break up hamburger and sausage as you fry it.  Way too expensive, but I found a bargain on EBay.

And my fingers slipped a little on the keyboard and I ordered a microwave egg poacher.  I love poached eggs, and I know you don't have to have a special pan to make them.  But like I said, my fingers just slipped a little.

*************************
 

 
Kasey had her dance photos taken a few days ago.  I know it's illegal to use them on my blog, but Barrie will be buying some.  Photo credit to Tara Bolgiano of Blushing Crew Studio.
 



2 comments:

Judi said...

Ah, but you will love the cheese knife. No sticking & super easy to cut with.
The chopper looks interesting. Keep us informed on whether to not it's worth it.
So cute of Kasey!

MOM/Gina said...

Luv your blog. It's always interesting. Neat of Kasey. I actually saw them on fb.