Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday

My horoscope for today said to do something rich, stimulating and invigorating.  So I cleaned the cat's litter box.

I find myself getting irritated sometimes when I try to open things - like the stuff that comes in the heavy plastic that is almost impossible to cut.  And you are afraid the plastic is going to tear up your hands.

And how about things that are "sealed for your protection"?  Like a simple tube of chap stick.  First, you have to cut it off the card and get it out of the plastic shell. 

 
Just twist cap to open??  Yeah, right, if you're a weight lifter.  I have to use a razor blade to cut the seal, and a pair of pliers to twist the cap off. 

Please, stop protecting me so much!!

**************************
 
My friend Rollie sent me this picture. It is the drawing of a first grade girl . 
 
 
The little girl's mother sent the following note to the teacher after she saw the drawing:
 
Dear Ms. Davis,
I want to be perfectly clear on my child's homework illustration. It is NOT of me on a dance pole on a stage in a strip joint surrounded by male customers with money.
I work at Home Depot and had commented to my daughter how much money we made in the recent snowstorm. This drawing is of me selling a shovel.
Sincerely,

Mrs. Harrington


No comments: