Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday

 
I guess this pretty much sums it up.  Sunny today, but windy and cold, and the forecast calls for rain.  Of course, yesterday's forecast gave us a tornado warning, too.

******************************
 

The baked beans are cooking away in the pressure cooker.  I have no idea how they will turn out.  I may end up finishing them up in the oven.  But at this altitude, I think the only way to cook beans is in a pressure cooker.  That is, unless you want to be watching the pot on your stovetop for several days. I have often wondered how the old chuck wagon cooks managed to always have beans on the trail.
 
****************************
 

My to-do list includes cleaning off the painting table and putting on a new plastic table cover.  The old cover is so stained and ratty.  There was a small hole on the side that hangs down beside my drawing table, and the cat kind of enlarged it.  She can see me through the hole, and attacks me through it.  Of course, every time she dives at it, she makes the hole larger.
 
 
 
My thought for the day.  When I got up this morning, I found that Barrie had been here and gone, and left me some beer on the kitchen counter.  Wow, that girl takes good care of me!