Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday

I had a moment of panic this morning when I thought my XM radio had died.  The cat must have stepped on the remote and turned the sound down, way down.

**********************
 
Barrie is house sitting again, for about ten days.  I know she stops by here, but I seldom see her.  I'm either sleeping or in the middle of a movie and don't even know she's been here.
 
I found I am totally out of eggs, potatoes, and onions.  I left some money and a note on the table for Barrie.  It's pretty nice to have your groceries delivered. 
 
**************************
 
I just read a news article about books that made of list of fifty books most likely to be removed from school and library shelves. Was not surprised at all that the "Fifty Shades" books were on the list, but was very surprised that the No. 1 book on the list was "Captain Underpants".  You've got to be kidding me!  I read "Captain Underpants" to kids when I was still teaching, and our school library had all the books of the series. 
 
Maybe the news article was just a joke?
 
*************************
 
More vandalism - somone cut the back license plate from Barrie's work truck and threw it in the ditch between here and Daniel.  Someone found it and turned it in. The truck was parked in our driveway at the time.  At least the tires weren't slashed and there were no nails in the driveway.  Someone once slashed a tire on Barrie's truck, and I had a tire slashed when my pickup was parked (in a crowd) at the auditorium.  We've had nails scattered in our driveway, and so has Barrie's dad. 
 
********************
 



1 comment:

DADD said...

What the hell is the matter with some people.
Do they get joy out of causing other misery or do they just like to cause problems.
I wonder what they would feel if what they did caused a death.
But I suppose they don't think of those kind of things, or don't even care if something bad came out of their actions.
Time to set up a camera that watchs your property.