Wednesday, April 24, 2013


This is the cat that has been sneaking onto the front porch to clean up any food left by Chloe.  Extremely wild and shy.  Yesterday it was on the front porch and ran down to the driveway when Barrie backed out of the carport.  But instead of going into the willows, it lay down on the edge of the driveway and watched me take pictures of it out the upstairs window.

It could be a nice looking cat if someone could groom it.  Interesting markings, four white feet, bright yellow eyes, and extreme white whiskers!  It's not a bobtail, but it looks like its tail is shorter than normal.

I hope it's not a girl cat and gives us a gift of a litter of kittens in the carport. 



This big guy was napping in the back yard across the street this morning. It's the first moose I've seen in my part of town all winter.  From the looks of the new antlers beginning to grow, he is going to have a big rack. 

*********************
 
Tracy told me about  a book she is reading, "Ash Fall".  So I got it for the Kindle.  It's about Yellowstone erupting.  I'm on about chapter 32.  I'm kind of glad I live so close to Yellowstone.  Wouldn't want to try to struggle through what this author is writing about!  When I asked Tracy if any people in the book survived, she said, "Well, you're dead."
 
She wasn't finished with the book yet, so she didn't know if anyone survived.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well. the cat looks like a calico, and all calicos are female. So don't be surprised.
But she is pretty, and doesn't look scared in your photo. Yes she does need a good grooming

Judi said...

I don't see any calico coloring. Oh, wait...maybe it's just the sun playing tricks on the fur.

Love the moose photo. Looks just like one of your paintings.

Duene said...

No, it's not a calico. It's all black and white. The clumps of hair that are falling out look kind of grey.