Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday

I have loved V8 Juice since I was a kid, and have always drank it.  Seems like even though I buy it, we are always out of it.  So I ordered a case from Amazon.  How did I ever survive without it??

Remember the V8 advertisement, or a part of it, anyway?  "Gee, I could have had a V8!"

I have a suspicion it is high in sodium, but there are large, bold, letters on the can stating it is Gluten Free.  Funny!  I would be very surprised to find gluten in tomatoes, carrots, celery, lettuce, watercress and spinach. But being gluten free seems to be something to brag about these days.

************************
 
I just put some navy beans in hot water to soak for a few hours, and then I want to make baked beans (using the pressure cooker.)  I haven't had baked beans for ages, and they sound good.
 
I don't have the pantry to match the newer cookbooks.  Seems like most of the recipes call for things a busy person would stop by the store and pick up on their way home, not things you keep in your cupboard.  For example, I never keep a can of biscuits in my refrigerator.  Anchovies??  Capers??  Fresh Ginger?? 
 
I love my old 1950-something Betty Crocker cookbook.  It advocates the use of bacon grease, and the directions for a recipe might say something like "Fry in deep fat."
 


2 comments:

Rollie said...

Sure doesn't taste like tomato juice. Of course not, it's V8.

Judi said...

I love V-8 also & have my glassful every morning. It seems like half of the time, Walmart is out of it when I go, but they always have the 'low-sodium' variety (Yuck!).